Got A Question?
Sign In and get the most out of your experience.

Recent Activity

1. doni26101
    How do I get credit for a product review that I did?
    I did a product review after receiving an email dated March 25, 2016, offering me 2,500 points to re...
  2. krisn416
    How can I contact the CEO??? I am completely fed up with Sears "customer service." The worst company I have ever dealt with in my entire life!
    A few years ago I boutght a Craftsman GT7400, a $3,500 mower. Simple enough. Went to order parts, ne...
  3. bozo37
    complain
    MR. LAMPERT, PLEASE MAKE THIS STOP.   UTTER RIDICULOUNESS!  ...
  4. larryhukriede
    Master Protection Agreement (Scam)
    I've had the Master Protection Agreement for several years now. My refrigeration quit cooling la
  5. boris-r-1
    2.5 month after washer repair request nothing has been done.
    I contacted Sears home services mid-March to repair my washing machine under warranty. Technician ca...
  6. mntantum
    How do I submit a complaint to the Office of the President for Sears Holdings about Sears.com

Bought a Warehouse of Tiffany chandelier from Sears.com online in Sept 2012. never used it. want...

7. fernybuentello
    layaway refund
    Hi  I been try to canel a layway i did online for some tools  for about 3 weeks allready   All  I ge...
vote
how do

I understand that in this day of W...art and Am...n, it is hard for a traditional department store to compete. I think that you need to go a litttle old school but with a twist. I think you should bring back the idea of the "Catalog Store". We used to have a small store in my home town years ago that you would order something from the catalog. and it would be shipped to the store for pick up. In this day and age, set it up as an "Online Catalog Store". People could order their items online (and that would be anything form shoes to tractors to refrigerators) and it could be shipped to the store for free or to their home for a fee. The store would also provide a place where merchandise could be returned instead of neccessarily having to ship something back yourself (customer convenience). You could also have terminals for ordering at the stores for people who may not have the means to do it from home. You would need far less square footage to set up the stores and you could have more of them closer to your customers. The employees would not need to be experts in any of the merchandise but would need to be somewhat computer savy and also customer friendly ("I don't have the answer to that but I can steer you in the right direction to find it"). I feel that this could give you an edge over a lot of the online stores. You already have a good selection of products (except food and who really wants to go grocery shopping on line). You would be able to provide a more personal customer service that they could not and you could still provide service and repair through the catalog stores. This is something most stores are lacking and it is great service that brings customers back, even more so than pricing.
vote
Today I received a check to cover the cost of the 2011 Kenmore Elite Electric Built-In Oven Model 790-4809-3000 with shelves that fell off the walls and the repairs were not acceptable. I applauded Sears for "doing the right thing".

Today I received a check to cover the cost of the  2011 Kenmore Elite Electric Built-In Oven Model 790-4809-3000 with shelves that fell off the walls and the repairs were not acceptable.

I applauded Sears for "doing the right thing".